There are many cheap ways to travel that will change your life on vacations. Each year, millions of individuals travel to various parts of the world for one reason or another. Travel can be quite expensive. Vacationing can be even more expensive! Here, you will be introduced to ten money-saving tips to change your life on vacations and travel.
Vacations and Travel Money Saving Tips
1. One of the first cheap ways to travel is to ensure that you plan your trip well in advance. The further out that you make your arrangements, the better deal you will get. This is especially true if you are planning to travel by air, train, and/or bus. Many times, the discounts are relatively higher on these modes of transportation because not too many people plan well in advance. This is a great way to save some money while on vacation, or simply traveling for business or other reasons.
2. The next cheap way to travel while vacationing is to check out online auction websites, such as eBay, in order to find discounts, coupons, tickets, and more! Many individuals make reservations and then have to cancel their plans. In many instances, these individuals are unable to get a refund on the tickets and other types of reservations that they made. In order to get back at least some of the money that they spent they will attempt to sell them online. You can experience massive savings by shopping in this way!
3. If you are traveling and vacationing for fun, you should know that most cities will take full advantage of individuals traveling. You should look up inexpensive and free activities to engage in while traveling and avoid high priced destinations. This can save your family a ton of cash, and give you just as much enjoyment!
4. If you will be traveling in your vehicle, there are a number of things that you can do in order to save money. First, you will want to ensure that the vehicle has been maintained properly. This includes checking hoses, changing spark plugs and spark plug wires, and changing the oil. This also includes ensuring that the tires are in good working order and that they are properly inflated. You should also ensure that you pack lightly. The weight of luggage can end up costing a fortune in fuel. If you do all of these things you are less likely to experience vehicle problems, and save on gas too!
5. When traveling by air, you will find that airlines are very accommodating. They serve meals, snacks, beverages, and even alcoholic beverages. It is important that you avoid purchasing these items unless absolutely necessary. While helpful and accommodating as many airlines are, they can be rather expensive as well!
6. When traveling by transportation other than a personal vehicle or a rented vehicle, it is essential to pay special attention to the carry-on costs for baggage, laptops, and other items. In many cases, you may be charged for this. If you do not absolutely need to carry it on, avoid carrying it on.
7. If you have pets, it is often a lot less expensive to leave them with a friend or family member, or even put them in a vet boarding unit, rather than allowing them to travel with you.
8. If you are traveling on business, you can often get corporate discounts that can result in your airfare and other travel expenses being a lot less expensive. In many cases, the company that you are traveling with or for will pay for most expenses. However, there may be some expenses that you are responsible for, so be sure to research any and all possible discounts that you may be able to receive.
9. When looking for hotels to stay in while you are away from home, it is important to remember that there is nothing wrong with staying in one that does not offer all the bells and whistles. Basic hotels that offer a bed, some temperature control, and maybe some ice will be good enough, and a lot less expensive. And that’s definitely a cheap way to travel.
10. Last, but not least, while traveling, take a digital camera and a voice recorder. Periodically, take pictures and vocal notes about the places that you travel. There are many different websites, like eHow, MyLot, Gather, and Associated Content that will pay you to write articles and share pictures about your travel experiences. This will allow you to start saving for your next travel and/or vacation adventure!
If you use these cheap ways to travel to change your life on vacations, you are likely to thoroughly enjoy the amount of money that you actually save! Don’t forget, to save, you need to track so use one of these recommended budgeting programs to help you:
Return to more free money saving tips with Practical Ways to Save Money.