Looking for tips on how to lower energy bills? By implementing 10 easy home energy saving ideas, reducing home heating costs is a breeze, and lower cooling bills are only a step away.
These 10 easy energy saving ideas can help in reducing heating and cooling costs as well as lowering costs for other utilities.
There are many different home heat and cooling money saving tips to help your budget. Due to recent increases in fuel and oil costs, the average costs of the residential home have increased significantly. It has been estimated that the majority of residential homes will now pay an average of approximately $2,000.00 annually when it comes to heating and cooling their home with various sources of energy.
Air conditioning units and heating units actually have been said to contribute up to half of the total energy costs of the home as a whole. If you want to learn some techniques that will assist you in saving money in the area of heating and cooling, this guide will help you discover techniques to do just that. Implement just a few of these energy saving tips for home and save now:
Ensuring the home climate equipment is in proper working order can help you save hundreds of dollars each and every year! Taking the following steps can prove to assist in your endeavors when it comes to maintaining home climate equipment:
1. Clean and/or replace any and all filters that are a part of your heating and/or air conditioning unit on a monthly basis. Remember, never, ever flip a filter over as this will result in the debris going straight into the unit and causing damage.
2. Be certain to ensure that the thermostat that controls the temperature in tour home turns on and off at the appropriate degree setting.
3. Have a qualified inspector conduct a routine evaluation and cleaning of your heating and cooling system on an annual basis.
There are several different components to the home that we must consider when it comes to the efficiency of the heating and cooling in our home. These include the walls on the inside and the outside of the home, the ceiling, the roof, the windows, and the floor. It is absolutely essential to ensure that all of these areas are properly sealed and insulated. If this is not the case, it is very likely that drafts – hot and cold alike – can enter the home. These drafts will reflect the temperature on the outside of the home. As a result your heating and cooling costs will be higher. You can take the following steps in order to ensure that your home is properly sealed:
4. You should identify any and all air leaks that are in and around the home. Once you have marked the leaks that you are able to find, you should take the time to properly seal them. Once sealed, it is imperative that you take the time to insulate the area in which these leaks were found.
5. You should consider changing all of the windows in the home to those that are “Energy Star” rated. These windows help to reduce the amount of UV rays from the sun that enters the home. There are different types of windows for different types of climates, so it is important that you select a style that works to effectively provide you with the protection that is required for your climate.
6. Next, you should consider increasing the rating/level of insulation that is in the ceiling of your home.
Additional Tips to Save Money on Heating & Cooling Costs
There are several additional tips that you can use to save money on heating and cooling expenses.
7. There are many different types of thermostats available, however, the best type is a programmable one. This will allow you to set the climate in your home appropriately for the times that you are home and the times that you are not. Purchasing and implementing the use of this type of product can result in hundreds or more in savings annually, and it is a convenient way to keep your home comfortable without having to constantly adjust the temperature settings.
8. Set your temperatures to approximately 78 degrees for cooling, and approximately 68 degrees for heating. This way, you use less energy overall.
9. Dress appropriately for the season when indoors, layer in Winter, lighter clothes in Summer. This way you won’t feel too cold or too hot indoors and rush to adjust the temperature controls of your AC or furnace.
10. Using ceiling fans to help heated or cooled air circulate, helps your AC or furnace work more efficiently.
As noted, here there are several different ways to save money on your heating and cooling costs. Implement just a few of these techniques, and you will notice a remarkable difference!
Return to top of Energy Saving Ideas Make Sense With These 10 Energy Saving Tips For Home!
Return to more free money saving tips with Practical Ways to Save Money.