We are all seeking practical money-saving tips that will change our lives. Let’s face it, inflation is up while earnings are at an all-time low! There has to be some median where we can get and enjoy the things that we need and want, while at the same time, having money left over to handle all of those little things in life called “necessities,” like bills and other expenses. This guide provides you with ten everyday money-saving tips to change your life! If you follow the steps listed below, you will quickly see an increase in your bank account balance! These tips make saving money part of your daily routine
1. One of the first practical money-saving tips has to do with electrical costs. Every light that you run, every computer that is on, all of the computers — they all contribute to the chunk of money that goes into paying your electric bill every single month. If you want to save more, DO more! That means turning off and unplugging items that are not in use in the home on a regular basis. You may also want to install energy efficient lighting and switch over to only Energy Star appliances. You will quickly find yourself pocketing all that extra money that you used to spend on this particular utility.
2. Do you purchase the daily newspaper? If so, you spend what, maybe fifty cents to a dollar on it? Initially, that may not sound like a whole lot of money. However, each month that can add up to $15.00 — $30.00 monthly. That amount alone could allow you to buy little necessities for the month like soap, shampoo, conditioner, toilet paper, dish washing liquid, laundry detergent, air conditioner filters and more! Avoid buying that newspaper and look up the local newspaper online and read it for free! If there is no local newspaper online, then look up MSNBC, CNN, and similar websites and read the “doings” of the world there at no cost!
3. Do you have large telephone bills due to long distance calling? The average minute per long distance call is right around ten cents in today’s economy. While ten cents sounds like a good deal — imagine if you used 500 minutes of long distance or more a month… that is at least $50.00!!! In order to save some money, contact your telephone service provider and see if there is an unlimited long distance plan that you can add to your services. Generally, this will average out to be around $20-$25 a month — a lot better than $50.00 or more if you did not have this type of service!
4. When grocery shopping, it is essential to ensure that you purchase foods that are generic or carry a store brand. These items will be located on the tops of the shelves in the store, and in the very bottom shelves. Reach for these, and save on grocery costs quickly and reasonably!
5. Do you enjoy shopping for clothes? I know I do! I like saving on clothes shopping even more! One way that you can shop and be careful not to spend too much is to take your time shopping and shop for colors like black, brown, and similar colors. This will allow you to mix and match your other clothes all year long! It will also allow you not to spend too much all year when it comes to purchasing new clothes.
6. Commuting back and forth to your job can prove to be quite a hefty expense these days due to soaring gas and oil prices. If you want to save money, develop a group of carpoolers and go back and forth to work in this way. Each person slips in a few dollars for gas, and everyone is on their way!
7. Do you like to read and research? If so, I bet you have a whole shelf of books that you have purchased. If you want to save cash, check out books from the library! This is free, and will allow you to enjoy keeping your cash, and reducing the amount of space in the home that is needed to store books. Free is always a very practical money-saving tip!
8. When lunch hour has arrived, do you run to the vending machines or a close restaurant in an effort to grab something to eat? If so, it is no wonder you are reading this! That can be extremely expensive! Keep it simple and cheap and pack a lunch!
9. Do you like to dine outside of the home? If so, keep an eye and ear out for discounts to particular restaurants. Many do not realize that restaurants have specials, but they do. If you are traveling in a large group, and you cannot find specials for that dining experience, call in advance and inquire about special group discounts.
10. Last, but not least, be certain to take all those extra coins that you have accumulated and place them in a bank somewhere in the home. Once the bank has filled up, take them to a local “Coin Star” machine and get them turned into actual dollar bills! Many have done this and have been quite surprised when the amount of money ended up being $100.00 or more!
Now you are familiar with some practical money-saving tips to change your life! While there are many different strategies out there, these everyday savings are the most common!
You have two choices when tracking your spending quickly and easily. You can use a paper-based system or a software-based solution. We have extensively reviewed both and found products that stand above the crowd. All use the envelope system of budgeting to maximum effectiveness:
Return to Top of Practical Money Saving Tips To Improve Your Financial Future!
Return to more free money saving tips with Practical Ways to Save Money.