You need these 10 tips to save gas. With gas prices so high, there is no time to sit and wish that the economy is going to get any better.
There are many ways that you can budget your gas spending and save gas all the way around. With these gas saving ideas, your bank account will be smiling in short order. You may not know how to lower gas prices, but you can cut your gasoline expenses with these tips.
1. Pump It – Yes, pump the gas yourself. For the most part, gas pumping is self help now, but there are places where you will find that there are attendants who still pump the gas for you.Places where the gas is pumped for you actually charge more for their gas.
2. Pump on Your Way to Work – It is best to pump the gas in the morning because the hose and the car are usually pretty cool. Because of this, there are fewer vapors and more gas going into your tank. So make sure that you make special time to stop and fill up.
3. Do Not Put the Petal to the Metal – A quick way to lose that precious gas is to over accelerate. The firmer you hit the accelerator, the more gas is used. If you are slow to accelerate, it won’t take as much gas. The next time you are at a red light remember racing the guy next to you will burn more gas than it is worth and doesn’t fit with your goal and our tips to save gas.
4. Keep it Maintained – Keeping your oil changed on a regular basis is essential for not only saving on gas but for your car. Make sure that you keep all of your filters changed as well. Check the fluids on a regular basis, get those regular maintenance checks done and keep it all running smoothly to save more on gasoline.
5. Balance and Rotate – It is wise to be sure that you have all of your tires balanced and rotated when they need to be. This ensures that proper air pressure in your tires makes for a smoother ride.
6. Wise Purchase – Now if you have a large family, you will most likely want a large family car or a van. Depending on the size and model, gas can be pricey. Now if it is just you and you are wanting to save on gas, buying a sports car still wouldn’t be a bright idea. Wise shopping for a vehicle can help you save on gas for the long haul.
7. Car Pooling – One thing that you can do if there are several of you driving a distance is to go ahead and drive together. That way you can split the cost of gas and just use one vehicle. This is one of the top tips to save gas and is so much easier on all the people that live and work close to each other but have a distance to drive in between.
8. Best Prices – It is best to shop for the best price for gas. Look for money saving options as well. There are stores where if you purchase a gift card, you can save three cents. Hey in the world where gas is practically worth gold, every penny counts. Make sure that you stay with the same place unless you can find a cheaper option.
9. Treatments and Octane Gas – Octane gas is the proper gas that your manual recommends. It is best to use this when trying to save on gas. There are also gas treatments that you can add to the gas tank when you fill up. These may help your overall gas mileage.
10. Consider Other Means – There are other ways that you can conserve and save on gas. If you work close by, ride a bike to work. Walking and jogging is always a good way to go as well. Not only will you benefit from the exercise, you will help lower your gas bill.
With all of the ways to save money, findingg ways to save on gas money is one of the most necessary. Nowadays you would be lucky to buy a gallon of gas for the same price as a gallon of milk. We would all love to learn how to lower gas prices, but that’s up to the big oil companies unfortunately. So, take a couple extra steps now and start using some of the ways to save on gas presented here to help balance your budget.
Return to Top of Top 10 tips to save gas. More gas saving ideas for your budget!
Return to more free money saving tips with Practical Ways to Save Money.